Well camouflaged in a thick layer of ivy near the remains of the former Truro-Newquay Railway is New Chiverton Consols. It was also known as New Wheal Chiverton and Old West Anna, sometimes being referred to as Calley Mine
Opening in 1863 this mine started and remained a small venture. Employing just 50 people, it changed hands a few times, but ultimately closed in 1877.
The engine house present today is a 40″ pumping engine erected in 1868, which alongside a 4 HP crusher, was put up for sale in 1877. Prior to this there was another 40″ engine on the site, this bought second hand from Wheal Alfred in 1864.
Shafts include New Engine (65 fathoms/119m), Flat Rod (40 fathoms/73m) and Whim (20 fathoms/37m)
The engine house sits alongside a public footpath, although the house itself and its shaft are unconsolidated and private.