In the April of 1893, famous prospector Billy Frost discovered gold in an area that would first come to be known as Ninety Mile and later Goongarrie.
By May of the same year, Frost and many others had started to stake claims in the area, starting the formation of yet another outback town. Within two years a number of shops, hotels and a post office had sprung up. However, like the nearby towns of Siberia and Davyhurst, this was short lived and many of the plucky prospectors had abandoned the area again just ten years later. By 1903 only 66 folks were left.
All that remains of this town today are three of its railway cottages. These belonged to the railway that ran from Kalgoorlie to Menzies (built 1897-98) and even had its own dedicated station. This was demolished, along with several other cottages in 1926.
The three houses are just off the Goldfields Highway and are free to visit.