Formally part of Spearn Consols, this section was incorporated into Levant mine in 1877. This part of the sett worked until 1914 at which point it was abandoned.
The engine house is a 35″ rotative engine installed in 1887 where it wound and pumped from Guide shaft. The engine originally drove stamps for Spearn Consols. Between the house and shaft are the large mountings for flat rods. Alongside the road is the very prominent wall that encloses the shaft; this incorporates two ore shoots and the arched entrance to the shaft.
The shaft is Guide shaft, it reached 80 fathoms (146m) onto Guide lode.
The engine house and its surrounding features are just alongside the road to Levant mine. There doesn’t appear to be any official right of way, but it has been consolidated by the public and has been accessed for many years without issue.